Performances began at the Pavilion Theatre in Whitechapel in the early 1890s. By 1906 it had become established as the home of Yiddish theatre in London, and remained popular into the mid-1930s. Four actor-managers were central to the theatre’s direction and development – Sigmund Feinman, Maurice Moscovitch, Joseph Kessler and Fanny Waxman. The theatre was sustained by a number of resident London actors who regularly appeared there.
Europeana Yiddish Theatres in London